|Cell Properties||(standard MDX)|
Cell properties are defining some meta-information attached to measures and calculated members/measures.
In MDX a cell can define not only a value (e.g., string, numerical value) but a list of predefined properties.
Two steps are needed :
1) Define the property in a calculated member and/or regular measure :
Note that cell property definitions are not limited to MDX literals (e.g., string, numerical value). Indeed any valid MDX expression can be used as well:
WITH MEMBER [value] AS [Measures].[Amount],
BACK_COLOR = IIF( currentCellValue() < 0, RGB(255,0,0), RGB(0,0,0) )
VALUE, FORMATTED_VALUE, CELL_ORDINAL properties are already defined and it's not possible to override the default
2) Define the list of cell properties to be calculated in the MDX query :
After defining a property the cell property value can be retrieved by using 'CELL PROPERTIES' statement in the mdx statement :
[MyAxe] on 0
CELL PROPERTIES VALUE, FORMATTED_VALUE, FORMAT, FONT_NAME
If CELL PROPERTIES is not defined VALUE, FORMATTED_VALUE, CELL_ORDINAL properties will be retrieved. Note that CELL_ORDINAL is always included even though it is not in the list of requested cell properties.
Standard MDX properties:
- ACTION_TYPE :
- BACK_COLOR :
- CELL_ORDINAL * :
- FONT_FLAGS :
- FONT_NAME :
- FONT_SIZE :
- FORE_COLOR :
- FORMAT_STRING : controls how cell values are formatted.
- FORMATTED_VALUE * :
- LANGUAGE : controls how cell formatted values are localized.
- UPDATEABLE :
- VALUE * :
icCube specific properties:
- CLASSNAME : defines HML/CSS properties to be used for cell rendering.
- REQUEST_CACHED : controls how tuple values are cached.
- STYLE : defines HML/CSS properties to be used for cell rendering.
Note, FORMAT is not supported by icCube (use FORMAT_STRING instead).
(*) Those properties are read only, can not be defined.
Find here the value of the XMLA properties when not specified otherwise.