Why Migrate from SSAS to icCube
FAMILIAR CONCEPTS = EASY IMPLEMENTATION
You can carry-on using an enhanced, yet familiar, form of MDX. Like SSAS, icCube uses many of the same concepts (dimensions, hierarchies, many2many…) so you can benefit from the skillsets you already have in-house to get productive quickly and easily.Here’s a sneak peek of what you can expect:
1. Data Sources: Like SSAS, integrate data from files and relational databases, PLUS get access to more data sources.
icCube includes an ETL layer enabling you to combine data tables with common transformations (Rows to Columns, Union, Join, Group By, etc) as well as with fully customizable ones (Java, Java Simple Row).
2. Semantic Layer: Like SSAS, create your business concepts, i.e. syntax for your data, in hierarchical structures.
icCube and SSAS share the same semantic concepts with hierarchical structures, which are key for your migration to icCube. Dimensions in icCube, whether they are Multi-Level, Time, Parent/Child, Statistical, Path or Advanced, can be created with the mapping you need.
3. Calculations: Like SSAS, icCube is built on MDX. .
Build measures using commonly-used aggregations (Sum, Average, Vector, Matrix, Open/Close, etc). Furthermore, icCube allows for more advanced calculations thanks to the native availability of MDX++, Java and R, see below.
4. Dashboards: An out-of-the-box Reporting Editor allows users to create their own dynamic and interactive dashboards.
If you’ve been using SSAS, your team will get productive almost immediately.
Moving from SSAS to icCube, means you have many options and capabilities that can take you (and perhaps your customers) beyond the Microsoft ecosystem.
NOT JUST MICROSOFT = NEW OPTIONS & CAPABILITIES
1. OS-independent: icCube runs not only Windows, but also on Linux and macOS as well as every flavour of cloud.
2. Merge heterogeneous data sources: icCube allows you to merge a wide variety of heterogenous data sources easily.
On top of data files (xls, csv, flat, HTTP) and relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Amazon Redshift, etc), icCube allows data integration from NoSQL sources such as MongoDB, Google Sheets, Analytics, Big-Query, and also gives you the opportunity to create custom data connectors (sources with JDBC connectors, IoT data sources, etc).
3. MDX++, R & Java: An extension of the MDX language is natively included with more than 100 new functions.
Categories, Vector-Aggregation, Java functions (check also Java integration), R integration, among others. Find the full list of out-of-the-box functions in icCube here.
4. MDX patented debugger:Debug your MDX queries before putting them into production.
5. Reporting Editor: Create real-time interactive dashboards out-of-the-box – no need to install other modules or products
6. Live product: Last but not least, SSAS isn’t developed or maintained anymore…
icCube is a live product, enhanced daily by our meticulous developers here in Switzerland!
If you’ve been using SSAS, you’ll have new options and capabilities to delight customers.
FLEXIBLE LICENSING = COST-EFFECTIVE (PARTICULARLY) AT SCALE
1. Flexible Licensing: icCube offers enterprise corporate (internal) or embedded analytics (OEM) licenses.
Don’t marry licenses to users, servers, or instances. Maintain flexibility at every step.
2. Commercial Advantage: You can expect incremental commercial advantage…particularly at scale.
Furthermore, our aim is to make year-on-year costs-budgeting stable and predictable.
3. Align to Business Goals: OEM embedded licensing is customized to your business goals.
Align the dimensions-of-value that we bring your customers with your software/SaaS solution.
SEE A WORKING EXAMPLE
Ready to replace SSAS?
Our team is happy to answer any questions, plan your migration or to provide a quote, optimized for your specific needs.
Contact us now to get things started:
Thank you for filling out your information!
An icCube representative will get back to you soon.
“Our analytical dashboards are very appreciated for their user-friendliness & flexibility. We are really proud of our collaboration with the highly skilled & experienced icCube Team.”
“We have reviewed many OLAP servers and platforms and have concluded icCube is the best in the industry. It is working seamlessly in production, for years now.”
“We have been using icCube for years to perform specialized health care analysis.”
“Not only has the performance of the WorldPanelOnline application been improved, we are exceptionally satisfied with the responsive and thorough support as well.”
“We appreciate the cube’s speed and flexibility as well as various dashboard functionalities.”